Back in November I ran my third Cultivate Courage blog reader survey. It’s always interesting to view the results and try to draw some conclusions from them.
The first thing that I like to look at is the demographic information.
- My average reader is a female (64%) aged between 45-65 (74%). If your math is any good you can figure out that males make up 36% of my readers and primarily fall in the same age bracket. In the last survey in 2016 males made up most of my readers at 66%
- 69% of readers have graduated from either college or graduate school.
- 60% of the readers have income that ranges from $50,000 to $125,000.
- 79% are married, 10% divorced, 8 % never married, and 3% widowed.
- Regarding occupations, 10% are in management, 20% are in sales or a related field, and 31% fall in the “Other” category.
The first essay question was: What is the biggest challenge you face in living courageously? Among the top responses were:
- Getting started or completing a goal.
- Worrying about what others might think.
- Believing in myself. Valuing myself. Poor self-worth.
- Self-defeating attitudes.
- Lack of motivation.
- Avoiding others or tasks. Confrontation.
- Not being good enough.
- There were many more but most fell into these categories.
What do you want most out of the Cultivate Courage blog?
- Inspiration to overcome fears.
- Strategies to overcome fears.
- Ideas for taking first steps to start something.
- Ideas for taking steps to quit something.
If fear or lack of courage were no object what would you like to accomplish in the next five years?
- Write a book.
- Change careers.
- Health related – lose weight, eat better, exercise more.
- Better control of finances.
- Better relationships.
- Again, there were many more but most fell into these categories.
Other comments – I will only share one of these as I found particularly interesting and challenging.
- I think it would be cool if you did a teaser video of your latest blog post or even Facebook live videos of quick 5-10 minutes of inspiration, maybe a 1 time a week type of thing.
Yes, that comment challenges me and I must admit to having some fear about doing it. However, being “the courage guy” I think I’m going to have to give it a try. It may not be until March or April, for reasons I won’t go into here, but it will happen. Thank you to the gentleman who made the suggestion. You know who you are!
Once again, thank you so much for your feedback and for reading my blog. It is my pleasure to serve you in leading a more courageous life. If I can be of help or service to you in any other way, or if you have additional comments for me, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for a speaker for an event for your company or organization I’d love to be considered.
Have a STRONG and COURAGEOUS day!